Sweet Potato Skins with Bacon and Tomatoes
- 4 baked medium sweet potatoes cut in half
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 8 green onions thinly sliced
Heat oven to 400° F.
Scoop flesh out of sweet potatoes and reserve for another use.
Place skins on a baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
Top each sweet potato half evenly with yogurt, turkey bacon, tomato, and green onions.
Bacon, Apple, and Sweet Potato Salad
- 6 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. stoneground mustard
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 6½ tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 8 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, sliced
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn or chopped
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Combine vinegar, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
3. Slowly add 6 tsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended.
4. Set aside for salad dressing.
5. Combine sweet potato, apple, cinnamon, and remaining ½ tsp. oil in a medium bowl; toss to blend. Place on baking sheet lightly coated with spray. Bake for 10 minutes, turn, bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
6. Cook and crumble bacon
7. Combine lettuce, sweet potato mixture, bacon and cheese; toss gently to combine.
8. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
9. Divide evenly between six serving plates.
Fudgy Avocado Brownies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium ripe avocado , mashed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil , melted
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp . sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture; mix well.
Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into sixteen squares.